Netflix Error Code f7701-1003 is caused when there’s an issue with your web browser Widevine CDM.
The Widevine CDM is a browser add-on that allows you to play copyright material secured by the DRM system. DRM protects the movies and programs you view on Netflix.
As a result, if Netflix has communication issues with your browser’s Widevine decryption module then the Netflix Error Code f7701-1003 happens.
How to fix Netflix Error Code f7701-1003
Apply the 6 easy steps to solve the Netflix Error Code f7701-1003 given below:
Reload the Netflix window
You should reload the Netflix window if you haven’t already. Simply hit F5 on the keyboard or tap the refresh button next to the URL bar. If Netflix continues to display the problem code despite several tab refreshes, move on to the next method.
Shut down Firefox
This issue may occur if Firefox is momentarily unstable or misbehaving. Force-stopping the web browser and restarting it may help to resolve the issue. Therefore, before you do so, save any current work you’ve opened in other windows so you don’t delete anything crucial.
On Windows, open the Task Manager (Control + Shift + Esc), right-click Firefox, and select End Task. Restart Firefox and see if you can view Netflix without getting the issue.
Allow Cookies in Firefox
Enable the cookies to access Netflix content using web browsers.
Netflix employs cookies to store information necessary for streaming video on your browser. This is not only restricted to Firefox, but also other Web Browsers.
- When the Netflix Error Code F7701-1003 persists, make sure Firefox isn’t restricting cookies from websites (especially Netflix).
- Navigate to the Firefox menu and select Options (for Windows) or Configuration (for Mac) > Privacy & Security.
- Choose Custom in the ‘Enhanced Tracking Protection’ option.
- Uncheck the box next to Cookies and then click the Reload All Tabs button.
- Proceed to the Netflix page and see whether you can now watch movies online.
Close or Turn Off Private Browsing
As previously said, Netflix needs cookies to provide you with a seamless watching experience. If you browse Netflix on Firefox in a Private or Incognito window, you may be unable to watch content.
This is since Firefox deletes cookies when in incognito mode.
Reactivate Digital Rights Management (DRM) in Firefox
Though Firefox supports the Digital Rights Management (DRM) content filtering standard, if the functionality is disabled, you may get the Netflix Error Code F7701-1003.
- Launch Firefox, click the hamburger menu icon, and then choose Preferences (for macOS) or Options (for Windows) (for Windows).
- Check the box next to ‘Play DRM-controlled material’ in the General section.
- You can uncheck and recheck the box.
- Open up or refresh the Netflix window to see whether you can now watch material uninterrupted.
Update Widevicne Content Decryption Module in Firefox
By the foregoing, ensure that Firefox’s content protection module is updated.
Here’s how to accomplish it on a Windows PC:
- Start Firefox and navigate to the Plugins page by pressing Cmd + Shift + A (for Mac) or Ctrl + Shift + A (for Windows).
- Alternatively, you may choose Add-ons by clicking the menu button.
- Navigate to the Plugins area and choose Google Inc.’s Widevine Content Decryption Module.
- Choose Check for Updates from the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- If a version of the plugin is available, Firefox will download and install it.
- However, the browser will receive a message ‘No updates detected.’
Firefox (or some of its functions) frequently malfunction if it isn’t updated, or if you haven’t installed the most recent version of the web browser on your device.
If you’re using a Mac, open the browser, go to the menu bar, and pick Firefox, then About Firefox.
- Firefox will look for and download any available updates.
- Wait for Firefox to download the update before proceeding by clicking the Restart to Update Firefox option.
- To upgrade Firefox, click the menu button and navigate to Options – General – Firefox Updates, then click Restart.
- When Firefox returns, try Netflix again to see whether the Netflix Error Code f7701-1003 has been resolved.
To resolve Netflix Error Code F7701-1003 simply read this post. In this post, we went over each approach for correcting these mistakes in depth. I hope you found this post useful and a great tool to assist you to continue your broadcasting journey on Firefox Browser.
Share this information with your friends and relatives so that they, too, may overcome similar blunders. If you have any additional problems while watching Netflix, please let us know in the comments area below. We will do our best to provide a thorough article that will address any issues you may have when viewing Netflix.