Did you know that it’s possible to remove your Netflix viewing history from your system completely? But how to delete Netflix history is a teasing question for the viewers.
Netflix allows you to watch on multiple devices and platforms, including your laptop, tablet, and smartphone. Once you’ve logged in on any one of them, they’ll have a record of what you’ve watched in the past.
Deleting your history is relatively easy. It’s not a one-click solution, but it’s pretty simple and only takes a few steps.
How To Remove Recently Watched Shows From Netflix On PC And Mac
Netflix allows you to keep track of the TV shows and movies you have watched by adding them to your “recently watched” list. If you don’t want this list to be visible to other people who use your Netflix account or just want to clean up your viewing history, here’s how to delete Netflix history from the “recently watched” list on PC and Mac.
- Log in to your Netflix account, click on the profile icon next to it, and then select Account.
- Use the arrow icon next to your profile picture to access your profile page.
- Next, underneath the Profile & Parental Controls section of your account page, scroll to the “Viewing Activity” and click on View to expand it.
- Clicking on the circle and Hide button will allow you to remove just one episode from your history.
- You can hide the entire series by clicking on the “hide series” button. This will appear after removing one item from your watch history.
- You have the option to remove your entire history by scrolling to the bottom and clicking on the “Hide” button.
Congrats! You’ve just finished removing all past watched content from your Netflix account.
Removing Viewing History On The IO’s Mobile APP
If you want to delete your history on the IOS Mobile app, here’s how:
- To remove your recently watched history, click on the App’s menu option and choose Request Desktop Site.
- Now sign in to your Netflix account and repeat the same steps discussed above.
How To Remove Recently Watched Shows From Netflix On Android
Netflix is available on a wide variety of Android devices, including smartphones, tablets, and set-top boxes. It is also available on some Android-powered smart TVs.
If you want to remove a show from your Recently Watched list on the Netflix Android app, follow these steps:
- Open up the Netflix app on your phone, find a profile you want to edit, and tap it.
- Use the three vertical lines at the lower right-hand corner to find the option ‘My List.’
- Select the ‘Account’ from ‘My List.’
- Now, select the ‘Profile & Parental Control’ section and hit the arrow button to expand the section.
- Find and tap the option ‘Viewing Activity.’
- Now click the circle with a line through, which will remove only one show from your saved viewing history. Click Hide All if you want to hide all future watches without indicating that they’re hidden.
Tadaa! You’ve successfully removed viewing history. Now you have a quick and simple interface to choose what kind of tv shows or movies you want to delete.
How To Remove Netflix Recently Watched Shows On a Roku Device
Netflix and a Roku device are a great combination. The Roku has become one of the most popular ways to stream Netflix. With it, you can enjoy your favourite shows and movies without having a computer or smartphone.
Most devices like Roku don’t allow you to delete or hide your history. If you do try to do this, there is a chance that you may lose access to the service altogether.
Luckily, it’s easy to delete or hide your Netflix history on Roku devices. Read the simple steps below and learn how you can do that in just minutes.
- On the Roku homepage, use the Netflix app to open it.
- Click on the title you want to remove from your ‘Continue Watching’ list and scroll down in the pop-up menu until it says Remove From My List; select this option.
- To remove titles from your Continue Watching list, you’ll need to repeat this process with all the TV shows and movies.
Other Netflix Features For a Better Experience
Netflix doesn’t only support deleting your Netflix history but also is rich with other features to boost the user’s experience.
With just a few clicks on Netflix, you can customize everything from the frequency of TV dramas to documentaries, comedies, and kids’ shows released monthly.
Netflix offers audio descriptions in many of its original series and movies. In addition, users can choose whether they want to watch movies/shows with or without subtitles in different languages (depending on availability), with closed captioning or subtitles turned on/off.
- Open Netflix and select the “Account” option from the top menu.
- From here, select the “Title Preferences” tab.
- Under the “Default Title” section, you can choose between two different subtitle options: “Display default subtitles” or “Do not display default subtitles.”
If you choose to display default subtitles, Netflix will always show subtitles for all content unless you specifically turn them off. If you choose not to display default subtitles, Netflix will not show subtitles for any content until you specifically enable it.
- Language Preferences
Netflix lets you change the language and subtitle settings on your account. You can change the language for audio and subtitles. This is great if you want to watch a movie or show in a foreign language.
To customize your languages on Netflix:
- Click on the “Profile” menu in your Netflix account.
- Select “Netflix Settings.”
- Under “Subtitle Language,” choose the language you want for subtitles.
- Under “Audio Language,” choose the language you want for audio.
- Choose different languages for each by clicking on the “Add a Language” button.
- Click “Save” when you’re done.
Now, when you watch a movie or show, the audio and subtitles will be in the language of your choice. You can also switch between languages while watching by clicking on the “Subtitle Language” and “Audio Language” buttons at the bottom of the screen.
Netflix offers a variety of ways for you to control how the content plays when you open the app. If you want the next episode in a series to play automatically
- Open the Netflix app and tap on the Menu button (three lines in the top left corner). Then select App Settings. Under Playback, make sure Autoplay is turned on. You can decide how long you want to wait before the next episode starts playing.
Note: To avoid Streaming error m7111-5059 you may check our detailed guide and watch your movie smoothly.
1-There is a recent viewing I didn’t watch. Is this a glitch?
If your Netflix watch history misrepresents your activity on the site or app, there is a sheer chance that someone else has been using your account.
To ensure that a random hacker has not cracked your account password, check your account’s Login Activity. You can find this option under Account Settings.
If you still face suspicion, Netflix allows you to Sign Out Of All Devices. You may avail this offer and change your password to disallow anyone from reentering your account without permission.
2-Can I just delete an entire Netflix profile?
Deleting a Netflix profile is as accessible as streaming your favourite movies on the site. Four easy steps to follow and consider your profile deleted:
- Sign In to your Netflix account
- Select the Manage Profiles Option
- Click on the Netflix Profile you would like to delete
- Select Delete Profile and confirm your action
3-If I delete my account, will my watch history be deleted?
If you decide to delete a Netflix Profile, know that the actual data for the Profile is no longer functional. Netflix makes the Watch History for the deleted Profile disappear. You will also lose all your movie downloads and game saves if you delete your Profile.
4-How do I recover my Continue Watching content?
There isn’t a standard method to recover the Continue Watching list, but we have a few things that may help.
- Sign out and log in again.
- Refresh your browser.
- Update your Netflix App.
5-Can you clear the search history on Netflix?
Any title you remove from your watch history gets automatically deleted from your Search history within the next 24 hours.
6-Can I delete the main profile on my account?
You can not delete your main profile as Netflix requires it for billing purposes.