Deleting the account’s primary profile
A primary profile is a profile created at the time of activation of a Netflix account for the first time. You need to cancel your Netflix activation to delete that profile, as the primary profile is permanent and can’t be deleted by simply clicking “ Delete Profile.”
How to delete a Netflix profile using a web browser
If you want to remove any Netflix profile other than the primary one using a web browser, you can do it easily by following these steps.
- In any web browser, log into Netflix with any of the profiles.
- On the top right corner of the screen, hover the cursor on the profile icon and click “Manage Profiles.”
- Select the profile you want to delete by clicking on it.
- Delete the profile by clicking on “Delete profile.” Confirm the deletion by clicking “Delete profile” again.
How to delete a Netflix profile on Android or iOS
Since most people like to use smartphones for doing most of their tasks, including watching their favorite shows and movies. So if Netflix is not working than there could be any reason either there is a Streaming error code: m7111-5059 , connectivity issue, your device may not be working well or there could be an account error so don’t get panic first check the basic settings and then go for the deletion process in the end.
Here you can learn how to delete your Netflix profile on both Android and iOS.
- Delete Netflix Profile on iOS
It’s extremely easy to delete your Netflix profile on the iOS app. To delete any profile other than the primary one, you need to follow these steps after opening the Netflix app.
- The “Edit” option appears in the top right corner when you open Netflix for the first time. Tap on it, and pencil icons will appear on all profiles.
- Tap on the pencil icon of the profile you want to delete.
- Tap on “delete” to delete the profile.
- Once you tap “ Delete,” a confirmation window will pop up. Tap “Confirm” to delete the profile and its contents from your account.
- Delete Netflix Profile on Android
Android users can also easily and quickly delete Netflix profiles from their phone/Tablet by following these steps.
- After opening the Netflix app, tap on the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap on “ manage profiles” at the top of the screen.
- Select the profile you wish to delete.
- Tap on “Delete” and then tap confirm.
How to delete a Netflix profile on your TV
Generally, most smart TVs have different interfaces, but here’s a general method of deleting a profile using a Roku player.
- Start Netflix.
- Select “ Switch Profiles” by navigating to the left using a remote control.
- Select the pencil icon below the profile once you navigate there.
- Select “Delete profile” and confirm.
If you have a different media player or interface, the process of deleting a profile is easy. Just go to the pencil icon under the profile and select “Delete.”
How Many Profiles Can You Have on Netflix?
Netflix allows you to have a maximum of five profiles on a single account. This is enough for most people and families. However, your subscription plan decides how many people can watch simultaneously.
Is Deleting a Netflix Profile the Same as Deleting a Netflix Account?
No, it is not the same. When you delete a profile, it only deletes the preferences and settings of that specific profile. Other users on the same account will have no impact, and they can use their profiles as usual.
How to Delete a Netflix Profile on Other Devices
Streaming Netflix on many other devices like streaming boxes and smart TVs is possible. The process to delete Netflix profiles on all such devices is almost the same.
For example, you can delete Netflix’s profile on Amazon Fire TV by following these steps.
- After opening the Netflix app, go to the menu items on the left and choose “Switch Profiles.”
- Now you can see the “Edit” option under all profiles. Choose the one you wish to delete.
- Select “Delete Profile” on the screen and confirm.
For all other such devices, the deletion process is almost the same.
Keeping Your Netflix Profiles Organized
If any of your Netflix partners stop using their profile permanently, then it is time to delete that profile. By doing this, you’ll only see the profiles that are actually in use.
The main advantage of keeping Netflix profiles organized is to be able to spot any unauthorized use. Adding PINs to individual profiles adds an extra layer of security to your account.
Are the profile and the corresponding information permanently deleted?
Yes, the profile and information are deleted permanently. If you delete the primary profile by cancelling your Netflix account, usually it takes ten months for your data to be deleted from the Netflix database. You can request early deletion by sending an email to email@example.com. Data and preferences of profiles other than primary get deleted permanently the moment you click “Delete.”
It is not letting me delete one of my Netflix profiles; what is happening?
The profile you are trying to delete may be the primary profile. The only way to delete the primary profile is by canceling your Netflix account. Otherwise, Netflix won’t let you delete it because they need it for the billing information.
Will Netflix profile deletion mess up my account?
No, the Netflix profile deletion will have no impact on your account. It will only delete the selected profile with its preferences and settings.
How many profiles can I add on Netflix?
You can have up to 5 profiles on a Netflix account including your main profile and Kids profile. However, this is only for Netflix Premium Plan users. The number of profiles vary for other plans.